Joined up marketing isn’t a new term; in fact, it’s been around since digital marketing first became a thing in the 1990s. It simply means the blending of traditional marketing (such as direct mail) with digital marketing solutions, such as social media and email marketing.
A mailshot is a physical communication in the form of a postcard, flyer, letter, product sample and more. The most effective mailshot is personalised for the recipient and they are generally considered to be more personal than email and social media.
In contrast, an email campaign is, well, an email, that can be personalised just like a mailshot. Typically the email will be branded just like the physical communication. These kind of digital campaigns are a great way of measuring interactions so you can further tailor future campaigns.
Both forms of communication are widely accepted and both can deliver good ROI individually, but when you combine a mailshot with an email campaign – often along with a carefully planned social media campaign – great things can happen!
The success of marketing relies on brand recognition and understanding that by just using one approach, there is a chance your marketing efforts (and therefore, budget) don’t hit the mark as well as they could.
The right blended approach
Of course, that doesn’t mean that you always have to blend traditional and digital.
It could be that traditional marketing is the right solution in its own right, but that you need to consider multiple options for your campaign such as a postcard, followed up with a free sample, followed by a discount voucher.
Likewise, a purely digital campaign could incorporate a multi-channel social media campaign, along with PPC campaigns and email campaigns.
The options are plentiful
We can work with you to create a campaign around your customers so that you are reaching out on the right platform for your demographic rather than spending your marketing budget on a campaign that won’t reach your target market.
Ready to start your next campaign?
As a company that offers both digital marketing and traditional mail solutions, we can offer unbiased advice to ensure you get the best return on investment. Contact us us on 01480 450661 to talk about your next campaign.
First Mailing services
We have a full range of services that you can choose from:
- Understand your data: successful campaigns are a result of being smart with your data. Need help? We can help source and supply. MORE >
- Make an impact through print: bring your direct mail campaigns to life with a variety of print colours & finishes. MORE >
- Make it personal: improve client engagement and target the right message to the right person. MORE >
- Save time and money: Decrease turnaround time by automating the process of distribution. MORE >
- Paper wrap it: eco-friendly paper wrapping is a high-speed solution for packing mail packs. MORE >
- Poly wrap it: compostable wrapping is a high-speed solution for packing mail packs. MORE >
- Fulfilment that speaks volumes: think outside the box and compile a pack that really talks to your clients. MORE >
- Connect with digital marketing: complement your direct mail campaigns with digital marketing. MORE >
- Postage: benefit from amazing postage discounts to reduce your campaign costs. MORE >