The thought of working with family often produces the marmite effect; some can think of nothing worse, while others will absolutely love it. For Louis Searle, the son of Stuart, First Mailing’s owner & MD, thankfully it is the latter.
Having finished his A-Levels in 2018 – Business, IT and Politics – Louis took a few months out to figure out what he really wanted to do. Later in the year, he started applying for jobs and secured several interviews, but none of the roles or companies themselves satisfied Louis on a deeper level.
Sensing his son’s despondency, Stuart suggested Louis join First Mailing. Initially wary – Louis did not want to simply be seen as the MD’s son – he decided to take the plunge, and he hasn’t looked back.
These last few years, Louis has undertaken – and completed – an apprenticeship in Business Administration while learning skills in all aspects of the business. From accounts to data management, to admin, to IT (Louis is very adept at all things IT) to running the machines. As well as these practical skills, Louis has also developed his soft skills, such as how to liaise with people, how to work as an effective team member and more. Louis is passionate about First Mailing and ensuring its customers receive the very best service, from start to end. This sentiment is echoed across the company.
With a solid foundation under his feet, Stuart is now keen for Louis to expand his skillset into sales. Already, Louis has attended trade exhibitions and events; not to actively make contacts but to further develop his people skills which are, of course, vital in sales. Another element of this development will entail attending networking events as well as exhibiting at future events.
“Louis has grown considerably over these last few years and I’m excited to see his development continue as he now moves into a sales role.”
Louis will be responsible for building professional relationships with existing customers as well as networking to meet potential customers. His role will be completely customer focused as he works with customers to identify their direct marketing needs and help plan effective marketing campaigns using both traditional and digital marketing services.
“As someone who really enjoys problem-solving, I’m looking forward to this new challenge. I’m particularly looking forward to working with customers as I am very much a people person.”
“I also feel very privileged to work at First Mailing as I am close to my parents, and all the staff working at First Mailing are like a second family to me. There is a close-knit bond between us which, I believe, is common in family-run businesses.”
Outside of work, Louis is a cinema enthusiastic who can talk passionately about sci-fi films. He also loves to watch car racing and visiting car shows, as well as indulging in a little retail therapy. A well-travelled individual, Louis is grateful to have experienced many cultures which has made him appreciate what we have in the First World.
Our range of services
We have a full range of services that you can choose from:
- Understand your data: successful campaigns are a result of being smart with your data. Need help? We can help source and supply. MORE >
- Make an impact through print: bring your direct mail campaigns to life with a variety of print colours & finishes. MORE >
- Make it personal: improve client engagement and target the right message to the right person. MORE >
- Save time and money: Decrease turnaround time by automating the process of distribution. MORE >
- Wrap it up: eco-friendly paper wrapping and compostable wrapping products are a high-speed solution for packing brochures. MORE >
- Fulfilment that speaks volumes: think outside the box and compile a pack that really talks to your clients. MORE >
- Connect with digital marketing: complement your direct mail campaigns with digital marketing. MORE >
- Postage: benefit from amazing postage discounts to reduce your campaign costs. MORE >