Whether you have your own data, or you are looking to procure data for a direct mail campaign, the quality of the data is the most important element of the campaign. Without good data, you are simply throwing money down the drain.
You wouldn’t be alone if you thought the procurement of data was something that went out of the window when GDPR came in. That isn’t the case, although the regulations – now called UK GDPR, post-Brexit – require the data to be processed within set parameters. A Data Reform Bill, to strength data protection, was announced in the Queen’s Speech in May 2022 so things are set to change at some point in the future.
So, how do you procure data? By working with a data provider.
A data provider, such as First Mailing, will work with you to profile your data to ensure you only procure data which meets your exact requirements. For example, you can shape your audience to target individuals with certain job titles, in certain sectors set in geographical locations, working for a company with a certain annual turnover.
Quality data does come at a price, but the return on investment makes it a very worthwhile cost.
Of course, you may already have a heavyweight mailing list. But is it clean and up to date?
A data audit, which involves running your mailing list through specialist software, will determine its cleanliness. An audit (which is free with First Mailing) will highlight the number of goneaways or deceased recipients, for example. You can then opt to have your data cleansed and refreshed before your campaign is sent to increase your return on investment.
If your mailing list is small, it might be worth considering expanding your reach by combining it with procured data.
Lead generation campaigns
Data procurement and data cleansing are not just for physical, direct mail campaigns. You may wish to run an email lead generation campaign alongside, or instead of, a direct mail campaign for a greater impact.
Door drops and smart deliveries
If your marketing budget won’t stretch to data procurement, or you don’t have your own mailing list, there are still options.
Door drops and smart deliveries are great for reaching large numbers. They are ideal if you have a catalogue, for example, which is targeted to a specific audience, such as businesses typically found on industrial estates. The printed catalogue can then be distributed to all business that meet your criteria even without having their data.
Door drops and smart deliveries are ideal solutions for B2B audiences, but also for targeting specific households to, say, promote the grand opening of a shop, park, theatre, or similar. Again, you can choose your audience so that your campaign is targeted at, for example, households within a set postal area with an income range that matches your ideal customer.
Do you have data needs?
First Mailing is an approved data provider which adheres to the UK GDPR. We can manage all aspects of your physical and digital campaigns, from ensuring you have quality data, to campaign design and print, to delivery. Contact us us on 01480 450661 to talk about your next campaign.
First Mailing services
We have a full range of services that you can choose from:
- Understand your data: successful campaigns are a result of being smart with your data. Need help? We can help source and supply. MORE >
- Make an impact through print: bring your direct mail campaigns to life with a variety of print colours & finishes. MORE >
- Make it personal: improve client engagement and target the right message to the right person. MORE >
- Save time and money: Decrease turnaround time by automating the process of distribution. MORE >
- Paper wrap it: eco-friendly paper wrapping is a high-speed solution for packing mail packs. MORE >
- Poly wrap it: compostable wrapping is a high-speed solution for packing mail packs. MORE >
- Fulfilment that speaks volumes: think outside the box and compile a pack that really talks to your clients. MORE >
- Connect with digital marketing: complement your direct mail campaigns with digital marketing. MORE >
- Postage: benefit from amazing postage discounts to reduce your campaign costs. MORE >